The following are some of the frequently asked questions we have received with regards to our transition from Honduras to El Salvador. If you have any other questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to get you an answer!
- When are you moving?
- Why El Salvador?
- Where in El Salvador will you be?
- How far is El Salvador from Honduras?
- Is this part of the Micah Project?
- How can I be praying for you?
- How else can I get involved?
We have set our moving date for Saturday, March 18th. We plan to move as a family first, and then as we get settled we plan to develop a street ministry, raise funds, seek approval from the government, look for a house to be the group home for the boys, find the volunteers/staff we need and hopefully have our first residents by the end of 2017.
We considered many different areas and countries, but since Izzy is from El Salvador and has so many connections there it seemed to make the most sense for us as we start this new ministry. Once we get it up and running, there is always the possibility that someday the Lord may lead us to do it again somewhere else.
We plan to be located in or near the capital, San Salvador.
The countries border each other, but the drive from Tegucigalpa where we currently live to San Salvador is roughly seven hours.
Although we plan to design our ministry based upon everything we have learned and acquired at the Micah Project in Honduras, we will actually be a separate 501(c)(3) organization called Micah Life. This decision was agreed upon mutually by both parties and we believe it will be best for both organizations to do it this way, although we will always have strong ties to each other in many ways.
- Pray for our transition from Honduras to El Salvador, for grace and peace in the midst of it all.
- Pray for clarity and wisdom as we finish the application to be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization
- Pray for favor with the IRS as we await their approval
- Pray for unity in our marriage and family
- Pray for funding to come in so we can purchase a house
- Pray for the kids on the streets of El Salvador that will one day be a part of Micah Life.
- Pray that God will provide the volunteers and staff we need – the right people at the right time.
First, we invite you to sign up for our Micah Life mailing list. As things start to get underway, we hope to send out weekly updates to let you know what you can be praying for specifically that week. Also, if you would like to volunteer or have an idea for a fundraiser, you can share that here on our website or write to us at email@example.com